About the Plant Pathology Facility
The Plant Pathology Laboratory supports research on numerous important diseases of crop plants, including clubroot of crucifers, Sclerotinia stem rot of canola, and tan spot of wheat. This laboratory also enables research on a number of forest pathogens, and plays an important role in the training of undergraduate and graduate students.
The laboratory contains a suite of tools for plant pathology and related research:
- Biosafety cabinet, laminar flow-hood, fume-hoods, ultra-violet inoculation chamber, and a large autoclave;
- Temperature and light programmable incubators, walk-in refrigerator (4C) and freezer (-20C), and numerous other refrigerators and freezers, including a secure locked -86C freezer;
- Thermocycler, gel electrophoresis equipment, microcentrifuges, pH and conductivity meters, computers, disease quantification software, and greenhouse and growth cabinet access;
- Numerous compound and dissecting microscopes, as well as a fluorescence microscope and accessories
The Plant Pathology Laboratory also houses a large collection of fungal and bacterial plant pathogens, and is conveniently located down the hall from the Agricultural Genomics and Proteomics Unit.
In the news
Service and Pricing
Please contact us for scheduling and information regarding sample preparation and pricing.
Available Lab Equipment
- Chromatography (9)
- Food Laboratories (36)
- Genomics and Proteomics Research (34)
- Microscopy Laboratory (4)
- Plant growth facilities (4)
- Plant pathology lab (15)
- Proximate feed and food analysis (17)